Monday, December 10, 2018

Are students snowflakes?? 7th Period Web Design Responds!


I’m not a fan of people being called snowflakes, especially if it is intended in a negative way. It sounds like calling someone fragile or weak.
I think teenagers – girls, at least – definitely experience the fear of being left out. If you’ve never had all of your closest friends, or so you thought, sit around and plan an event together with their shoulders turned away from you, then you may not realize that it kind of hurts. Fear of being left out not only happens on social media, but in real life as well.

I firmly agree with this article. I have seen a transition from technology appeal to technology reliance in my childhood, throughout the entire world. The capability to contact anyone at any time has allowed parents and guardians to become extremely involved in the lives of children, causing them to see flaws or problems and making them want to fix or help them and then after seeing one, they want to see more. They have good intentions but it is hurting their children in the long run, because their children can’t live on their own. They don’t know how to do anything. They don’t know how to decide things for themselves or be themselves. Although anyone can say anything at any time with new technology, they are not face to face, and therefore have more courage to say things they don’t mean, that are hurtful, that are untrue. It is much easier to face a mistake or a wrongdoing when you don’t directly see how it affects someone or yourself. I also feel as though people need to start owning up to their mistakes and realizing what they can and can’t do, have and haven’t done, have or don’t have. People need to be realistic about themselves and start working on themselves instead of feeding off of the lives of everyone else through a screen. Everyone needs to stop getting offended by anything that is said. If someone is offended, they need to keep it to themselves, work out their own problems, or talk to the person or somebody else about it. There is no need to put their problems out on social media, taking the risk of making the other person look bad, because they could have misunderstood what they person meant. There is so much wrong with this generation. They hurt themselves instead of healing themselves, they complain instead of sucking it up. The reason  for these negative increases is because everyone is reporting it now because they can’t fix their own problems and take it to the government and blame everyone.

This article is very truthful. There are many kids that think that things should go their way, and think that if they don’t it isn’t their fault. It would be better if parents were honest, and sometimes brutally honest with their kids as my parents are with me. After basketball games that I do not perform in sometimes my parents won’t tell me that I am bad at sports, but will tell me that if I want to keep playing then I will have to give more effort and work harder. I feel that I myself have not been raised as a snowflake, but I know that there are kids all over that were, and that is not right. Parents need to focus more on the future of their kids in the real world than focus on if they are being mistreated as kids. Some kids do get mistreated by peers, and sometimes by their authority figures as well, but that is just life, and if you want to be successful in life you have to toughen up and work through all the things that are happening.